House Haven Tour: A Little Glass Box

A BIG TURKEY WEEK hello to you all! I’m so excited to stop by and share my house on A Woman’s Haven. You can normally find me over at {A Little Glass Box} but today I am so lucky because I get to play hooky and visit with all of you on Chas’s amazing blog!
I am a military wife with a one year old, who makes it a priority to find time to enjoy fun food, design, and DIY projects on a daily basis. I would say my design style is eclectic and comfortable. Let’s face it, with a wee one and two furry friend we have learned to be flexible in our aesthetic and adapt our design around our family. We recently moved from our 105 year old row house in Baltimore to a rental country casa right outside San Francisco.
I would love for you crazy kids to stop by the ole’ blog some time and say hello!
One of the things I love most about my home is all of the natural sun light. I am constantly surrounded by a warm glow which is both cozy and comforting to me. I also love the personality this small little house has to offer. Between reclaimed wood floors as ceilings and exposed rock in the dining room there is no lack of good bones in this space. It has been quite an adjustment to be renting again for the first time in five years, but it has really opened me up to a whole new world of design possibilities and projects.
One of the challenges of this house is how small some of the rooms are. The living room is only 9.5 x 8 but I have not let that stop me from going big with design. 
 
 
I have worked hard to use every square inch of space including creating an “office” in the kitchen or a “mudroom” in the entry way. I love mixing key splurge items with inexpensive craigslist or thrift store finds and that is the method I used for every room in the house.
IMG959980
IMG950034
  Our space really works for us and at the end of the day that makes my heart happy and keeps me going.
Thanks so much for having me! I hope you found some inspiration in my lil’ rental house!
Xo
Court

2 comments: